Saturday, October 24, 2009

DRY WELLS AND DEAD GUY PARTIES?!

Hello! Or as they say in the world of the undead, "Hello," only they say it in zombie.

Now I don't know about you, but I love quotes. I just love hearing people that are smarter than me act just as dumb as everybody else and try to explain the world. A really cool one I came across is from my man, Ben'jammin Franklin. (But you can just call him Jammin'...) and the quote is;
"When the well's dry, we know the worth of water."
Let me tell you, this is just awesome- it's one of the handful of quotes that's not obscure, self-righteous, OR cheesy. It's just the truth. Let's face it, in this society we get everything we want- clothes, food, water, a roof over our heads. It just comes to you ready-made. You turn sixteen, you get a car, you're six years old, and you get a puppy. It's just the way things are if you're a regular american. We're all at least a little spoiled, and we all take the things we have for granted. Think about the people who appreciate what they have even if it's very little. They know what it's like to have a dried up well. But ours is overflowing, and do we share the water with those that have none? Mostly not. Those teenagers that pick up other peoples' trash on the streets, and volunteer at the nursing home or the soup kitchen simply because they want to don't come around as much as we'd like to think. Think about the economy right now. People are cutting back, scrimping together what they have. Our well is dry for the first time in a long time. But maybe once things start going again, and jobs open up, we'll appreciate having the extra money...

Okay, so now that my little rant is over....These past few weeks.... Well, for one thing, I'm getting a foreign exchange student from China in Janurary (officially). She'll be staying over at my house for three weeks, and she'll get a grand tour of Austin. Her name is Laura, and she's a percussionist (just like me! ). I'm really excited for it, because I don't have any siblings. She'll be kind of like an adopted sister for a few weeks; I'll get to introduce her to my friends, and we'll get to know each other really well. Also, we held a party this weekend. For like ten years now, my dad's been making this "Dead Guy." Basically it's a life-size zombie made out of rubber. it's real realistic, and very cool looking. So anyway, tonight we invited a ton of people over, unveiled him, and had a naming contest.

His official name now is Dr. Deteriorated :)

So that is all...
Live long and prosper!
~ Anna K.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?! You're getting an exchange student?! Why didn't u tell me!!! *bashes anna's head in with a rather large stick*

    And sorry i couldn't be at the party. I had homework and my parents didn't wanna let me out... :(

    ReplyDelete