Wednesday, November 18, 2009

All about me...

IT'S A SIGN OF THE APOCOLYPSE!!! We have a blog topic all about ourselves for the first time! yaaayy. I promise I won't make you fall asleep.

When I have free time, my thoughts mainly consist of "hmm, I have nothing to do. Maybe I could take a walk outsi- OOH FACEBOOK!!! I'll just get on it for a minuttee.."

And then, my friends, is where I make my fatal mistake. See, it's near impossible to go onto Facebook for "a minute." Because the instant you get on, you could either be a.) assaulted with a person wanting to chat with you (and you can't say no because you don't want to hurt their feelings) b.) a quiz that seems interesting that you simply must take (and once you reach this point, many other quizzes are pulled up and you MUST take these ones as well). c) an interesting post that you must comment on. or d.) and object/random thought that inclines you to update your satus, etc.etc.... So you see, the cycle is neverending. These options may come up at any order, but always occur when you get on this horribly addicting website.

I think I (and every other teenager on this planet) needs to go to rehab, because Facebook is starting to keep us from doing average everyday tasks, such as
- Doing your homework
- Studying for a test
- Neccesary things such as brushing your teeth/bathing/being attentive to the world around you.
- Listening to your parents
- Doing your chores
And most importantly, HAVING A LIFE.

It's like the force- to battle it, you have to have some of the power yourself. For example, to avoid the endless black hole that is Facebook, I battle it with something that is equally, or almost as addictive. For me, these things would include reading, watching TV, practicing percussion, practicing piano (which is probably more absorbing than percussion), or writing. I am a big fan of Language Arts. I love to write and read...All of that good stuff. If I could get a job in the future (anything that excludes math) I would chose to actually make time so I could write a Novel. I write stories all the time. I've written one that's about Novel-length, but it's probably not good for publishing.

And you know what I'll do in the future when I get that first Novel Published? I'll let everyone know...

BY POSTING IT ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!

Now, let me tell you how my last two weeks have been. It's been a LOT less stressful for me than the past two six weeks have been. That could either be because marching band is finally over with or because I'm finally figuring out a work system that clicks with me. It's most likely a combination of both. But you know, it finally feels like things are falling into place just the way they need to. I'm very calm and relaxed, and you won't see me freaking out any time soon (yaaayy!!!) I also recently took up to volunteering at the Northwest animal rescue. It's at Petsmart, and I basically go there, where they have a bunch of cats (mainly kittens) and I take care of them. That includes cleaning the catboxes, feeding, and watering them, but that's okay because after that I get to snuggle with a bunch of cute kitties that love being held. :)

Anyway, so long, farewell, auf weidersein and goodbye!!!! :)



~ Anna K.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha good idea on the facebook! since everyone goes there!

    ReplyDelete